Friday, May 1, 2009

Failing Schools in U.S

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=4732319&page=1

I'm not surprised after seeing this video,and other articles and reports,that's dropout rates and the rise of lack of students getting a trough education,some can careless. This has been going on since 83 so i can see why y'all hate on some of my blogs,calling it gibberish and calling me illiterate,i may make a few grammar mistakes here and there i am not a professional writer but in school english was one of my strengths,i graduated high school,and went to college,so if I'm illiterate then you haters who talk shit on my writing rather than talk about my topics are obviously uneducated and illiterate. The sad thing is Americans as a whole are well knows for being ignorant,but most logical reasonable people know that's a stereotype. I lived in Hartford CT for 7 years,and there is a demographic of ignorant people,i know that not all of them are.

Back to the Failing schools,the school i went to in CT was out dated from the building to the books,and alot of teachers had a bad attitude towards the students,me personally i think was a culture issue. So many stories i would hear from my peers,some didn't spend much time in school, they would try to cut corners,with little work,or had financial issues, they had to support their families,many couldn't get enough help,some were just in the wrong crowd full of bad influences.Some classes were packed, 25 classmates is too much,not everyone got the help they needed, also there was too much and bullying and teasing there were many occasions where i see students in ambulances and in the back of cop cars. Since i came straight out of Toronto i stuck out like a sore thumb,my peers would tease me for the way i dress and talk,its a completely different culture in the states. The seniors in my graduating class who didn't pass were still given diplomas,i barley passed my self i hated the endowment from day one,if i didn't graduate i would have got a G.E.D in Toronto. Alot of people blame parents many are single and are trying to carry a heavy load,i met alot of single mothers and there is a disproportionate amount of single parents as opposed to married parents. Those students who are fatherless or lost a loved one often have issues in and out of the classroom,many don't see how sertain subjects will help them make more money. This filing education issue is going to need more than one answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment